Krabi is one of the great attractions in Thailand. It is the small capital town of the Krabi province sitting snug on the banks of Krabi river. It has got the distinct advantage of being a later discovery as tourist attraction. It is a beach spot that a tourist to Thailand can hardly afford to miss out.
Krabi town is very close to the river mouth that opens to the great Andaman Sea. Krabi river flows about 5 km through the town and opens into the Andaman sea at Tambon Pak Nam.
Krabi is in a tropical climate zone, only 8 degrees above the equator. There are two seasons here: hot and dry; and cool and wet although the temperature rarely drops below 27C year round. These weather seasons roughly correspond with the tourist high season (from November to April) and low season (from May to October) most people preferring to visit during the hotter, drier months.
Best time to go:
The best time to visit Krabi is between the months November to April when the area's climate is less hot than usual. During this period the island gets a lot of dry North Easterly winds, so giving dry blue skies and starry nights. Then, down on the beaches one can enjoy nice sea breezes.
Rayavadee Hotel http://www.rayavadee.com/
- One of the finest luxury accommodation in Krabi, this resort faces three of the provinces most stunning beaches. The resort forms a triangle that sprawls across Krabi and offers direct access to Railay Beach, Nam Mao Beach and Phra Nang Beach. All three are part of the Krabi Marine National Park and are therefore preserved to the most pristine condition.
- Excellent top class hotel
- Located right in front of the beach
- 40 minutes to the airport
- Best for family(With kids pool and babysitting service)
Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centaragrand/ckbr/
- Situated just 10 minutes from Samui International airport, Hansar Samui Resort is the newest five-star resort featuring 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, wireless internet access and oversize balconies.
- With beach access
- 45minutes to the airport
- Luxury five star beach front hotel
- Best for family(With kids pool and kids club)
We can check the flight schedule and availability as per your request.
- Visitors are advised to make early reservations (up to a year in advance) for accommodation during the peak season from late December to early January because of the popularity of the Krabi and its attractions.
- When traveling by ferry to islands around Krabi, it may be preferable to purchase only a one way ticket so that your trip can be more easily altered and you can more easily arrange your departure.