Fiji is a tropical island nation located in Oceania in the South Pacific Ocean and comprises an archipelago of more than 332 islands, of which 110 are permanently inhabited.The government system is a republic. The chief of state is the President and the head of government is the Prime Minister. Fiji has a mixed economy in which the economy includes a variety of private freedom, combined with centralized economic planning and government regulation.
It is located about two-thirds of the way from Hawaii to New Zealand and immediate neighbors include Vanuatu, Tonga, and Samoa.
Fiji enjoys an ideal South Sea tropical climate and can get hot in the summer but seldom reaches above 35°C . Trade winds from the east southeast bring year long cooling breezes late afternoon and early evening. The season for our tropical rains is from December through February coinciding with the warmest summer months. The Fiji Islands are situated in the southern Hemisphere, so "Summer" lasts from November to February and "Winter" from April to September. However, there are no significant Differences in Temperature; in general, the Temperatures between April and September are only slightly cooler than from November to February.
THINGS TO DOExplore the Mamanucas The Mamanucas are a group of tiny islands off the coast of Nadi and are popular with divers and snorkelers.
Visit Suva As Fijis capital, Suva is a must see. Situated on the major island of Viti Levu, the city has colonial architecture, plenty of nightspots and restaurants as well as beautiful temples and mosques.
Hike Bouma National Heritage Park This beautiful national park is among the top attractions in the country and is located in the north of Taveuni Island.
See the Fiji Museum One of Suvas best attractions is the Fiji Museum. The museum details South Pacific culture in general and also discusses the countrys own history.
Go to Lautoka Also known as Sugar City, Lautoka is Fijis second largest city and boasts the largest sugar mill in the southern hemisphere.
Go whitewater rating For an adrenaline-packed day, choose one of the many whitewater rafting tours available.
Go Diving - Most people who visit Fiji will spend at least one day snorkeling or diving its warm waters.
Go surfing Fiji offers some of the worlds best surfing with countless famous sites like Cloudbreak, Lighthouse Rights and Restaurants.
Explore the Yasawas Islands The Yasawa Islands are popular with backpackers and budget travelers because of the inexpensive accommodation, cheap transportation, and late night parties on islands like Beachcomber.
Best time to go:
April/May and October/November are the best months for Fiji. Water temps. are pleasant without the chill you get from June to September. The same applies to the air temps. pleasant, quite warm but with cooler nights. Remember, weather in Fiji is a tricky animal. The time to go really depends on your reason for traveling. For those interested in diving or surfing, Fiji's winter months are the best time - for the biggest breaks and the best visibility. For land activities such as hiking, biking or rain-forest trekking, the cooler, drier winter months also make for a more pleasurable time.
Others who are looking for the best time to snorkel when the water is warm and the surf is not as big, the summer months would be preferable.
Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton http://www.fijibeachresortbyhilton.com/
- This luxury resort is one of Fijis premier five star resort destinations and boasts a location on Denarau Island. Located on one and a half kilometres of beachfront this resort is one of the most scenic and naturally pleasing in the world. The generously appointed modern villas are large and stylishly appointed. The diverse range of accommodation options offer a host of amenities that would suit couples on a romantic getaway or family vacations featuring studios and 1 or 2 bedroom villas with their own kitchens and BBQs. The Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton is the pinnacle of luxury in a pristine ocean front setting.
- Excellent top class hotel
- 45 minutes to the airport
- Best for family(With kids club and kids pool)
- Great location close to all you need
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa http://fiji.intercontinental.com/
- With guaranteed 360 degree views, the newly opened InterContinental Fiji provides contemporary luxury on one of the world's best beaches. On the main island of Viti Levu, the resort is located on Natadola Beach, with cultural attractions and recreational activities nearby.
- 45 minutes to the airport
- Luxurious resort
- With private beach
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa http://www.westindenarauisland.com/
- Offering superb accommodation and great service, this five star accommodation is an ideal retreat for guests visiting Nadi. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, all guestrooms are inspired by South Pacific style and equipped with complete amenities to make guests feel comfortable
- Five star hotel
- 15 minutes to the airport
- With Kidspool and babysitting service
- With private beach
We can check the flight schedule and availability as per your request.
- The tropical cyclone season in Fiji normally runs from November to April.
- Take care when visiting isolated locations, especially if you are on your own. There have been serious cases of sexual assaults against foreign women in Fiji.
- Around 25,000 British nationals visit Fiji every year. Most visits to Fiji are trouble-free. There is a low threat from terrorism.