El Nido Island, Palawan
El Nido has one of the most diverse ecosystem in the Philippines due to its unique flora and fauna. You can also see picturesque geological formations like limestone cliffs all over the area that are protected and preserved. There are also over 50 beaches that you can discover, so many that when you are there, you will feel like you are on your own isolated private beach. The main island is full of restaurants, beach side bars, and hotels and can get busy during the day but there are well-appointed, world-class resorts located within the archipelago itself that can give you an absolute sense of peace and relaxation within Mother Nature’s playground. Whether you feel like being active, trek through limestone cliffs, or just relax while sunbathing by the beach, El Nido Palawan is the place to make every moment a memory to remember.
El Nido Airport (ENI)
The weather in Palawan can be very different compared to the other parts of the Philippines. Its normal temperature is between 24-33 degrees Celsius almost the whole year round. The rainy season is between July to October with heavy rainfalls expected during September. Though the mentioned months are considered the rainy season, since the Philippines is a tropical country, you are still bound to have sunny intervals as it does not rain all day. The best time to visit is from January to May as it is already part of the dry season. January and February though can still become a little chilly in the night time.
THINGS TO DO
- Go Island Hopping
- Experience the thrill of Cliff Climbing
- Be enthralled with Cave Exploring
- Discover the many stunning waterfalls at El Nido
- Scuba Dive through the abundant marine life and reefs of El Nido
El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island (3 ½ Star) http://www.elnidoresorts.com/elnido/miniloc-island-resort/
WHY CHOOSE THIS HOTEL
Situated in a lovely cove with a background of pure limestone cliffs where you can easily swim from the beach or from your private, overwater accommodation and directly snorkel to see multi-colored tropical fishes in the lively reefs surrounding the resort. The resort also has its own kids club supervised by well-trained, passionate staff where both the parents and their kids can enjoy doing fun activities. El Nido Miniloc Island resort is not just perfect for young ones but even for those young at heart who are looking for a cool, exciting, yet relaxing holiday – away from the city and right in the heart of nature. Enjoy every minute of your stay whether you are alone or with your loved ones.
- Beachfront Resort
- Amazing view of the ocean and the limestone cliffs
- 40 minutes from El Nido Airport
- Perfect for couples and families (with kids club)
Pura Vida Inn & Tours (3 Star) http://www.puravida.ph/en-p/home.html
WHY CHOOSE THIS HOTEL
A private residence turned into an inn with 3 air-conditioned rooms that are homey, well-appointed, and maintained. The property is located in Bacuit Bay which is in the beautiful fishermen’s village in Palawan with unspoiled nature that makes it a true tropical paradise for its guests.
- Beachside Inn
- Insider Tip: Get the rooms on the 1st floor than the ground floor as it has a much lovely view from the balcony
- 20 minutes away from the airport
- Perfect for backpackers or couples
Cadlao Resort and Restaurant (3 Star) http://cadlaoresort.com
A tropical haven of relaxation and recreation. A pristine place for anyone who seeks and wishes to enjoy the best view of the biggest island in Bacuit Bay, Cadlao Island. The resort’s interior and garden area is immaculately maintained, giving a much more calming feel. They offer sumptuous meals and a variety of choices in their menu. The stunning views will leave you relaxed, refreshed, and at peace – a perfect retreat for anyone looking for a well-deserved break.
- Beachfront Resort
- Outstanding service
- Bungalows have options of sea or garden view
- 20-30 minutes from El Nido Airport
Insider Tips for your visit to El Nido (Philippines)
- Do not forget to ask for discounts when buying. Most establishments will give discounts especially during the off peak or rainy season.
- Bring light clothes as El Nido is situated in the tropical country of the Philippines.
- Keep yourself protected from the sun’s harmful rays by bringing and using a sunscreen lotion.
- Also ensure to bring an insect repellent. Some resorts provide this on complimentary basis but if in case they don’t it is quite pricey if you but it from the shops close by.
- It is better to have cash with you since some areas do not have ATMs or do not honor credit card payments.
- If you are planning to go trekking, ensure to bring medical supplies like medicine for muscle pain as some treks are slippery, steep, and quite challenging.